Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Eleanor and Charlotte are four years apart. In those four years, we moved across the country. Time and distance meant there was a lot of baby stuff that was lost, misplaced or given away. Also in those four years I've been introduced to more baby products, some new and some just new to me. This post is about some of my favorite things this go around.

1. Sleepy Wrap


This is a long piece of stretchy fabric that was given to me as a gift. Honestly, I didn't think I would use it much. It looked difficult and cumbersome. I tried it with Charlotte shortly after she was born and used it almost every day for three months. It is one of the most comfortable carriers I have ever worn because the straps are soft and very wide to distribute the weight. Charlotte would take long naps in here, safe and secure. I love using it in public places where people are tempted to touch or breath on babies. She stayed cocooned during flu season. I found it extremely helpful in airports, especially since TSA no longer makes you take off baby carriers.

If you are familiar with baby products, this is similar to a Moby Wrap. I actually borrowed a Moby but found it much more difficult to use. The fabric is different and it was harder for me to get a secure fit.

2. Halo SleepSack Swaddle



We had sleep sacks for Eleanor, but not one like this. Charlotte sleeps in this almost every night. Unfortunately, hers is fleece and it is quite warm here, so we can't use it all the time. This makes swaddling so easy and diaper changes easy as well. I love it.

Oh, I guess there were only two. If I think of other new things that I like, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

S loved the swaddler sleep sacks for the first month or so, but after that he wanted his freedom. Luckily, they convert to regular sleep sacks--yea!