Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Eleanor's school celebrated by dressing up as characters from books and then having a parade for all the parents and older kids.  Eleanor really wanted Charlotte to be involved, so we decided on the costumes of Thing 1 and Thing 2.  Eleanor said she had to be Thing 1 since she was older.

All I had to do for Charlotte was repurpose her Ponyo costume from Halloween with some letters (and add a bit to the sleeves because they were too tight).   Eleanor helped me make the pattern for her dress, then she went to bed.  At some point I will learn to not wait until the night before to start making costumes.

The girls were absolutely adorable, but I wasn't able to get a good picture.  Here's the best I got of both girls in costume.

The kids were so cute.  I took a few pictures of some of Eleanor's classmates.  My favorite is the Lorax.



 Eleanor's teacher, Ms. Erin, was dressed as the Paperbag Princess.
After we came home, Charlotte wanted to play in the courtyard some.  She's loving the blue car these days.
 She's always careful to check her mirrors.
 Somewhere she learned that when you drive, you drink coffee (or tea in my case).

No comments: