Friday, April 03, 2009

Eleanor's Art

Matt recently discovered a huge stack of old theology papers and decided to put them to good use. Now Eleanor has a huge pile of blank (on one side) paper at her disposal. That means more pictures. Her people are getting more detailed and interesting. Here is a self-portrait:

Notice the teeth. The scanner didn't get the colors quite right. Her hair is highlighter yellow in the original, not orange.

Here is a picture of me (Melody). She always says that my hair is brown and draws it as such. My teeth aren't quite as straight as hers, but they are the same shade of blue. I like my eyelashes.

This one she did this morning. It's four people "playing in boxes." The top left corner and the bottom right corner are Matt and I, but I forgot which is which. The top right corner is Eleanor when she was a baby (notice the "two hairs"). The forth picture (bottom left) is my grandma, or Grandma Night-Night as E calls her. She died last year and E went with me to her funeral. Eleanor brings her up in conversation at least once a week. I asked Eleanor what it was all over Grandma's face and she said, "that's her old." I think she means wrinkles.



And a rainbow:
The other creative way Eleanor is expressing herself these days is through her clothing choices. I tend to let her choose her own clothing as long as they are appropriate for the weather. Sometimes I make suggestions or veto something, but mostly I let her decide. This leads to interesting attire. Today I picked out a hoodie that was blue with dark blue stripes on the hood and sleeves. It had two birds stitched on the front pocket, one of them was pink. I suggested some jeans to go with it. E had other ideas. She wanted to wear "softie pants" which are second best to anything that "twirls." The pair that she insisted on have brown stripes with patterns in the stripes. She said they matched because the small pink hearts on the pants matched the pink bird. I tried to take a picture, but the battery in my camera is dead.

No comments: