Thursday, July 10, 2008

Scissors and Books



Eleanor is getting better with scissors, although I cut this out. She likes to cut little bitty pieces of paper. She also likes to read. We just finished an hour long reading marathon and only stopped because my voice was tired. We read:
- Elliot's Bath
- Elliot's Shipwreck
- Elliot Bakes a Cake
- Elliot's Noisy Night
- Knuffle Bunny (I love this one)
- Bunny Cakes (Max and Ruby)
- King Bidgood's in the Bathtub
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

The Elliot Moose books (by Andrea Beck) have become all the rage around here. Last week we checked one out at the library (Elliot Gets Stuck). When it was time to return it, Eleanor cried out, "Not my Elliot book! I love my Elliot book!" So, after we returned it, we checked out four more. I've read them each at least twice a day since then.

She reads books by herself too. I like her paraphrases.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to teach Eleanor the proper Elsken word for
small pieces of paper..."snitzels"...I don't remember Grandmother Elsken as I was less than two when she died but Mother always said that she would say "Pick up every little snitzel!" in reference to cleanning up after cutting small pieces of paper... I am not sure if this is the correct spelling as I have never written this word before but any child who has been in my classroom knows the meaning of "pick up every little snitzel!"
I will have to look up Elliot! MEME

Unknown said...

I love the Chicka chicka boom boom and the Bunny Cakes books. Making mental note to check out the Elliot books.