Monday, January 09, 2006

Prodigy


Prodigy
Originally uploaded by bendblock.
Baby milestones seem to be much like other major events in life: fuzzy. I’m learning that you can definitely tell when a milestone has been reached, but you never know the exact moment that it is achieved. Eleanor is in the process of getting a tooth. There’s a sharp white bump on her gum, but it’s not all the way through yet. She can roll over from back to front, but seems to be confused when she ends up on her stomach. She hasn’t really mastered the skill, but on occasion she rolls.

Life is normalizing after all the Christmas parties, dinners, and events. After Christmas we drove to Texas for Brandon O’Brien and Amy Packer’s wedding. We got back late on New Year’s Eve. We finally got Eleanor to bed around 11pm and fell into bed ourselves. We were awakened at midnight by pops, bangs, hoops, and hollers. I rolled over and said, “We’re old.” At least our neighbors were considerate enough to wake us in time to welcome in the new year.

I’m posting some new pictures. As always, click on the picture to see more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
It was really great to finally meet you in person at the wedding. If you have easy access to the picture of Sammy and Eleanor, could you email me a copy? Thanks in advance if it's possible!
Carla (Brandon's Mom)
(crholloway61@hotmail.com)

Amy & Brandon said...

Matt & Melody... you make me smile! (This is Amy... Amy O'Brien, in fact). Thank you so much for your wonderful gift... we have thoroughly enjoyed the tea! Eleanor is a beautiful child... I look forward to hearing more about her...
On the subject of New Years... Upon arriving to the hotel after the wedding, I came down with a cold. By morning I had used a new box of kleenex and half a role of toliet paper... so we were in bed by 9:00 that night... Brandon slept & I blew my nose! I guess we're old too... hmmm...
You are both wonderful, I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Amy (& Brandon in spirit... though he is at class!)

M. Lumpkin said...

I've had to get used to Brandon in spirit lately...
-Matt